I'm an Emmy-Award winning producer and creator. I pay taxes in LA. I live on the internet.
The planner, the solver, the imagineer, the hands in the mud, “it’s all going to be ok” type of person.
As of 2021, I've produced content of every flavor, but it all started with that first job in Hollywood as a reality TV production assistant on a competition-based taxidermy show...
Now I work in virtual production, augmented reality, virtual reality, real-time motion capture animation, volumetric video, and 5G immersive live events.
The side projects —
- Unreal Engine courses: Virtual production, visual development, real-time cinematics, etc.
- Executive Producing a virtual and motion capture production that's due to be completed at the end of 2021. Very cool stuff, and I can't wait to share more.
- I'm writing a book about epilepsy, and the 6 year journey it took to name my condition — from my head injury, medical mystery, "demonic possession", temporary amnesia, life-changing medication, a miracle doctor that put the pieces together, and an amazing wife who shouldered the journey with me. She is my Sam.
How I spend my time:
Podcasts, TV, Movies, News. At 1am. I'm big on content.
- Reading and writing screenplays. I have a tenuous relationship with Final Draft, but I love Highland 2.
- Coding sites with Notion & Super.
- Did I say I love podcasts? My favorites are: Armchair Expert, Making Sense, Reply All, and narrative-driven ones like S-Town and Homecoming.
- Internet sifting. Yes, staples like Reddit. But also Deadline, The New Yorker, Wired, and NY Times.
- Netflix, HBO, Apple TV+ and dusty old DVD's. I have a soft spot for the extended edition Lord Of The Rings. I've seen them too many times to count. Just finished up Dark, a mind-bending German thriller. Es ist sehr gut.
- VIDEO GAMES: Recently Muck, Valheim, Apex, RD2, Jedi: Fallen Order, N64 Smash Bros (I'm a Fox fan). VR games too like Superhot and Half-Life: Alyx.
The Professional Me
Emmy Award-winning Creative Producer with more than 10 years of experience in narrative content and new tech. Specialize in creative directing, scoping, development, and leading production through delivery on a series of innovative real-time virtual productions, motion capture, AR, VR, and 5G projects with Fortune 50 partners.
RYOT, a Verizon Media Company (now Yahoo Ryot Lab) SUPERVISING CREATIVE PRODUCER • MAR 2020 - PRESENT
- Oversee Verizon Media Immersive’s (VMI) creative and content production of a multi-million dollar project slate and drive multi-disciplined teams
- Lead writers and designers to ensure creative consistency and company voice while defining scope, budget, and schedule with project managers and producers
- Advise development and presentation for all third party sales opportunities and content partnerships across RYOT & VMI teams
- Leverage studio and network relationships to drive innovative partner programs and new revenue streams for Verizon Media
- Developed XR production pipeline and methodologies to streamline team communication, resource planning, executive visibility, and OKR tracking
- Strategized VMI Composer’s (cloud-based AR creation tool) roadmap and rollout across Verizon Media and third-party partners unlocking 1.5mil+ in new media spends and 223mil+ unique AR impressions within nine months
- Partnered with A-list talent Brie Larson and Van Jones to produce Primetime Emmy Award-winning “The Messy Truth in VR” (2020)
RYOT, a Verizon Media Company (now Yahoo Ryot Lab) SENIOR PRODUCER • SEPT 2016 - MAR 2020
- Creative directed and produced the award-winning and first of its kind Star Wars: Verizon 5G Sith Trooper immersive activation at Rise of Skywalker Hollywood premiere in partnership with Verizon, Disney, and ILMxLab
- Featured: Real-time motion capture, NCAM Broadcast AR, and 5G network
- Designed custom budget program to decrease production budgeting and scoping time by nearly 50%
- Owned ideation through delivery on 30+ projects exceeding $7.1M in annual revenue in various formats that included live action, Unity/Unreal development, motion capture, volumetric capture, VR, AR, and 5G activations
FREELANCE PRODUCER & SUPERVISOR • AUG 2011 - SEPT 2016
- Clients & Companies: Comedy Central, RSA, Caviar, MPC, NBC, AMC, Skybound
- Produced a seven-figure VR 360 series for American Family Insurance (4.5mil+ views & 18mil+ social impressions) & Jeep VR 360 series (6.2mil+ views)
FREELANCE WRITER 2010 - PRESENT
- Write feature screenplays and treatments for features, commercials, short-series, and video games.
- Narrative designed and creative directed indie VR game "Anderson"
SHORTY AWARD (2021): AIR: Art is Revolution
PRIMETIME EMMY (2020): The Messy Truth
GOLD TELLY (2019): Star Wars: 5G Sith Jet Trooper
BRONZE TELLY (2018): Young Lions
US PATENT #11100695 (2020): Methods and Systems for Creating an Immersive Character Interaction
EXPERT IN: Adobe Creative Suite • Photoshop • Illustrator Indesign • Premiere • Final Draft MS Office • G Suite • Keynote • Jira • Trello • Slack
TINKER IN: Blender • Unreal • Unity • Figma • XD • Google App Script
B.F.A. Film Production with emphasis in Directing & Screenwriting • Chapman University
Verizon • Disney • Google • P&G • United Nations • NFL • Apple • Oculus • Honda • ILMxLab HTC • Walmart • Pokemon • Yahoo • Universal