As we explored (and died) in the biomes of Valheim, we quickly realized we needed an easy way to track what we planned to build, and how many resources we'd have to cart or sail across the world to make new bases, sets of armor, weapons, foods, and tools.
This tool was made in Google Sheets, and upon purchase, you'll be sent a link to make a copy of the sheet.
Any feedback would be much appreciated! Hit us up at email@example.com
PLEASE READ!! -- This sheet is NOT for you if you're new to Valheim and care about spoilers! If not, read on Viking!
If you don't want to read, watch this overview!
In the Viking Resource Calculator you'll get...
Instructions (Sheet 1)
Sheet 1 is a detailed breakdown of how to use our tool. Abbreviated instructions are on each page.
Shopping List & Smart Tools
Sheet 2 is what you'll use the most. It has a series of summaries and Smart Tools to help you track the items you're making, the resources you'll need to hunt down, quick item look-ups, and more!
Check out the Smart Tools here! 👈
- Fabrication List: A summarized list of items you've selected to make.
- Shopping List: A full list of all resources required to make your entire Fabrication List.
- Quick Search: Look up individual items by category to display an item's stats, materials required, and crafting/repair station requirements. Either select a category and search for an item in the dropdown, or you can enter the item's name manually.
- Intelligent Crafting: This tool provides material & crafting breakdowns for items that require multi-staged crafting like a Karve, Cart, or Sharpening Stone.
- Smelting: The Smelting tool displays all ingots required to craft your items and a time estimate for smelting based on the number of smelters in operation. Coal required for smelting is calculated in the Intelligent Crafting section.
- Armor Set Crafting: Easily determine resources for crafting/upgrading full sets of armor of a single type like Troll, Bronze, Wolf, etc for single or multiple players.
- Comfort: Based on items selected in the Item Selector page, this tool will display your current comfort and rested time.
- DIY Grocery: Build your grocery list here! Select any food you wish to craft, and they will automatically be added to your crafting/resource shopping lists. Based on a desired stat -- HP/tick, health, stamina, or duration, this tool will highlight the best three food items for that stat allowing you to pick the best combinations of foods based on your playstyle.
If you're interested in seeing the tools in action, check out this video!
Sheet 3 is where you select items for your Shopping List. Craftables that require a crafted item component like ingots or meads (notated * below the Resource Name ) will be converted to base ingredients (e.g. ores, nails, mead bases, etc.).
How it works:
- Collapsible sections and columns for easy navigation
- Item Selection: Check a box to select an item and its quantity
- Input existing resources: If you have existing resources in your inventor or chests, the resource calculator can automatically determine the remaining difference.
DO NOT TYPE ITEMS OR RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS INTO THIS PAGE! You'll break all of the fancy formulas in the columns and different sections.
The entire spreadsheet leverages array formulas, queries, and filters sourced from hidden worksheets. If an item needs to be added, DO NOT add it to the Item Selector sheet. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an update.